Lisbon, a city draped in history and culture, offers a vibrant culinary scene, particularly for seafood enthusiasts. This article unveils five of the most exquisite seafood restaurants in Lisbon, each with its unique charm and culinary offerings, perfect for both locals and tourists alike.
1. Ramiro Established in 1956, Ramiro has a rich history, and its popularity soared even before the visit of Anthony Bourdain. Originally a small eatery, it later specialized in seafood. Despite being considered pricey by Lisbon’s standards, it draws crowds willing to queue from early evening. Signature dishes include shrimps in garlic butter sauce and langoustines, accompanied by buttered bread. Situated at Almirante Reis 1 (Anjos), an average meal for two costs around €60. The restaurant is closed on Mondays. For more information or reservations, visit http://www.cervejariaramiro.com or call +351 218 851 024
2. Solar 31 A family-run establishment nestled in Baixa, Solar 31 is known for serving “the world’s best octopus,” along with other seafood delicacies like lobster, oysters, and mussels. The cozy and small space is tucked away on a side street, offering an intimate dining experience. An average meal for two is around €50, and it’s advisable to make reservations. Find Solar 31 at Calçada Garcia 31 (Baixa), and note that it’s closed on Sundays. For more details, visit solar31.com
3. Pinóquio Located in a tourist-friendly area, Pinóquio features a terrace away from the hustle and bustle. It’s known for its clams with coriander and garlic, usually sourced from Ria Formosa lagoon in the Algarve. The menu also includes seafood cream, pork and clams, crab, seafood paella, fish stew, and steak. Situated at Praça Restauradores 79 (Baixa), the restaurant temporarily operates at Rua de Santa Justa 54, with an average cost for two being €50. Visit http://www.restaurantepinoquio.pt for more information
4. Trindade Cervejaria Trindade offers a unique experience, serving seafood in a historical setting, once a monastery and later a brewery. The menu features a variety of seafood and fish dishes, complemented by home-made or bottled beer. The restaurant is located at Rua Nova da Trindade 20C (Chiado), with an average cost for two being €60. Visit their Facebook page at facebook.com/cevejariatrindade for more information
5. Marisqueira Azul Located in the Time Out Market, Marisqueira Azul is known for its seafood offerings like razor clams, soft-shelled crab, tiger prawns, and oysters. It’s considered slightly expensive, so it’s recommended to ask to weigh your food before ordering. The average cost for a meal for two is around €50. Find it at Time Out Market, Avenida 24 de Julho (Cais do Sodré)【13†source】.
Additional Noteworthy Mentions:
- Sea Me: A modern venue in Bairro Alto offering seafood platters, grilled fish, sushi, and petiscos. Reservation is highly recommended due to its popularity
- Cervejaria Liberdade: A chic seafood joint located in the Tivoli Hotel on Avenida da Liberdade, offering a mix of seafood, sashimi, and even meat dishes like sautéed Black Iberian pork
- Pesqueiro 25: Known for its lobster soup with roe and seafood platters, this restaurant in Cais do Sodré offers fresh seafood daily
- Nune’s Real Marisqueira: Located in Belém, this restaurant is celebrated for its extensive seafood menu and famous fish dishes
- O Relento: An Algés seafood and beer joint, popular for its shellfish and diverse offerings
Conclusion Lisbon’s seafood restaurants are not just about food; they offer a journey through Portuguese culinary traditions, enriched with fresh ocean bounty. From historical settings to hidden gems, each restaurant presents a unique dining experience that caters to different tastes and preferences.
To cover these amazing seafood restaurants with knowledgeable staff, and indulge in Lisbon’s seafood delights, consider exploring more of Portugal’s rich culture and landscapes with Portugal Magik Tours, an award-winning tour company over the last 12 years, offers private tours with luxury vehicles and knowledgeable driver/guides. To book a private tour and discover the beauty of Portugal, visit Portugal Magik Tours or call (929) 534-7500 from the USA.